Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Inspiration

This morning at my '5:30 AM wake up and lay in bed thinking about random stuff' time, I was thinking about some of the things I have heard, read or seen in the past few days that inspired me. By inspiration I mean, deep thoughts, or just a "wow" moment, and I don't mean World of Warcraft kind of WoW.


  • Yeah we're playing those mind games together Projecting our images in space and in time....John Lennon
  • Last of all, we come to humility. This isn't quite what most Westerners think it is. Humility in this context is committing yourself to each moment equally, being content in yourself, and releasing the need for approval from others. Humility equates to self-acceptance, to being aware of purpose and place in all things. When we think about how big the universe is, it's easy to see how humility would arise in our thoughts......Marian Singer
  • Being a perfectionist, life was a series of disappointments. Being human, life was a series of joy....Yoko Ono
  • How wonderful people can be during crisis. My neighbor Beth baked us some banana bread, and offered her coat and home to our neighbor Shirley.
  • How this season no matter what your beliefs can be a time of reflection on new beginnings and hope.
  • Family: consider the notion of acceptance, acknowledging your family members without demands or defensiveness.....Emma Restall Orr - Fire Friend Moon
  • Environment: What is the tree, plant or animal that speaks to you most at this time?....Emma Restall Orr - Fire Friend Moon
  • The dormant life of the seed
  • How running only on limited power wasn't as stressful as I thought it would be. I realized how much needles electricity gets used, and also that I really didn't worry about what I was going to do that day. Wasn't much of a choice. I guess we have so many choices of how to spend our day.....kind of like having too many cereals or chips to choose from. Sometimes it's easier to only have a few because making the choice can be stressful.

  • In picture:










1 comment:

Andie said...

Those pictures are beautiful. They remind me of the ice storm we had here back in '98.