Sunday, December 21, 2008

Baking

Yesterday I packed up about 4 bags of things and headed over to Jessicas for some holiday baking. I even packed my Ipod so we had holiday tunes to listen to while baking. My sugar cookies somehow were cursed though. I accidently put in baking soda instead of powder, scraped out as much as I could, but it didn't help. My dough was SUPER sticky (don't know why that happened) and I had the hardest time rolling and cutting. So, I decided to just cut big stars to get it over with. Taking them out of the oven, they were like overstuffed starfish. This is the recipe I use EVERY year, so I'm thinking it must have been the soda. One of the cookies looked like an ear, so I frosted it, but then it looked like an egg. Then when Jess went to take me home, she dropped the pan and my ear egg and a couple others: ghost frosty and some other random oversized cookie fell in the snow. It was quite funny! So, John didn't get too many sugar cookies. I also made Russian Tea Cakes (my favorite), Sesame Apricot cookies (a new recipe I got from Peta) and No Bake cookies made with soy nut butter (they turned out really yummy). We also watched Christmas with the Cranks while waiting for some dough to chill. The Babe was getting into all sorts of trouble, but it was "fun" trouble, ecspecially for a grandma to watch. We were hoping Heather was going to join us, but she didn't, so that was a bit of a bummer. It was so fun though. We are going to make it a tradition every year now.
After defreezing Jessicas car to get it even unlocked, and her scraping her windshield with my bamboo spoon, she dropped me off at home (we only live like 5 minutes walking distance from each other). I put everything away, and decide to listen to some John Lennon (he's my new favorite Beatle at the moment) and realized I don't have my Ipod. Well, I LOVE my music, so I bundle up, get the dog, and we walk over to Jessicas in the snow, it was really coming down too, but it was so pretty. I get back home and realize, I forgot to get the freakin Ipod station cord, this was AFTER I took all of my bundly clothes off. So, gotta put back on the bundly clothes, they're snow wet, get the dog ready and head back over to Jessicas. They are waiting for a new phone right now, so I couldn't call or anything, it was pretty funny. When I got home, John was there (he had been at Borderlands) and was like, "where did you go." It was pretty funny.
I think Jessica had me say "baking" in this picture.....

She's sporting what I like to call her "wig" hair, cute huh (in case you hadn't noticed by now, I name everything)......


The Babe decided she was tired of just looking at everything on the table, she wanted to touch it. She crawled up there, and I was like, "uh, Jess, look at your baby."
Eating the table.....


1 comment:

Marsha said...

Today was a major baking day for us too. Love the picture of the baby eating the table. No cookies for her to eat yet?