Friday, October 10, 2008

My Thursday

I had to take my cat to the vet yesterday....she hasn't been doing well lately. She's been drinking a lot of water and not eating, just laying around. Jess went with me, and when we took her out of her carrier, Jess noticed that her skin was orange. The vet new right away that it was her liver, but not sure what was the main cause. They did some blood work, and I will be hearing back from them today. So, needless to say, that is pretty much been on my mind since yesterday.
Last night I got a call from Jess around 7:30 asking me what my plans for the night were. I went over to watch the Babe because Nick wasn't feeling well at all so Jess took him to the emergency room. The Babe was in bed when I got there, so I cozied up on the couch planned my meals for next week and made my shopping list. I then watched Survivor, and John had to call me a few times (we watch it together, it's our weekly thing) to talk about what was going on. After that I watched some of my CSI NY that I brought over. Jess did keep me informed with updates every hour or so. At 10:30 the Babe woke up SCREAMING. Jess called right when I took her out of the crib, and she was like "oh, what's going on". I told her to call me back, so I changed the Babe and got her some milk, she finally calmed down and I put her back down. I don't think she was really awake. Jess called back and said that doesn't happen too often, and gave me another Nick update.
They got home about 12:00 am, and Nick was really drugged out! He looked like he was totally lost and had this vacant look on his face. They ran tons of tests, but turns out it was just some stomach thing. Jess couldn't remember the exact name, dang her, cause I like to look stuff up on the Internet...lol.
Anyways, that was my Thursday. I have to work this afternoon, but my main thing is just waiting to hear back from the vet.

3 comments:

Jessica Gray said...

Yesterday was a Doctor filled day wasn't it? I really appreciate you coming over on such late notice and staying here for hours watching Korissa. Unfortunately nothing was wrong.Now today is my turn to be there for you. I love you you Tammy and sorry about Toegepi. (AKA Crusty, baldy and the gross cat!) I Love you!

Jay Andrew said...

*hugs* to you hunny and I hope your poor wee cat is OK now. And Nick too. Jings, you are having a helluva time with sick pets and rellies and unhappy babes.

Sending you all healing and love and prayers that all is OK and better today.

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear that your cat wasn't feeling good. I hope she is feeling better. I hope Nick is as well!