Saturday, October 18, 2008

Leaves and Critters

Yesterday I spent some peaceful time in my backyard just observing. By the time I went outside, the fog had already gone, but it was still chilly out. The crows were "kaaawing", the birds were singing, and a very vocal squirrel in a tree was making his presence known. It is so exciting to see the changing season, and even more exciting to capture it! I still can't get over how many leaves an oak has. We have so many leaves on the ground, and yet I look at the trees and they are still covered.

This was the very loud squirrel in the tree....




As I was typing up this post, I saw this little guy with most of his tail gone. I'm not sure if he is new to the neighborhood, or if he just lost his tail, but I've not seen him before.

1 comment:

Jessica Gray said...

The squirrel pictures turned our really good. They look so cuddle. Love the leave pictures!