Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Day 5

I'm on Day 5 now without a cigarette. I have had a few cravings, yeterday was BAD!! I find that if I feel bloated, or I'm at work, that's when the cravings hit me. It may sound strange, but I'm glad I'm having cravings. The longest I have quit this year was almost 3 weeks, and through that WHOLE time I didn't have any want or craving for a cigarette. So, after a couple of weeks when the craving hit me out of the blue, it was strong, I wasn't expeting it, and I just gave in.....pretty dang quickly too. So, these cravings are good, because I can deal with them. Yesterday I did the whole self talk in my head, "I can buy a pack, then I can quit when it's gone, why do I need to quit now? I like to smoke".......on and on it goes. My main motivation for quitting (you non smokers probably think, "shouldn't it be the fact that smoking causes cancer and is really bad for you?" uh, no) anyways, it's the fact that I want to run. I am looking so forward to running, it's surprising even me. I bring my black bag I got for free from Macy's with a purchase to work with me. I have all my essential quit smoking tools in it...........


Becky's book (I read it every day), my Happy Journal book (this book is so cool, you doodle in it, you make happy lists, that sort of thing), my journal, my Beginning Running book (it's full of pictures, and it really keeps me motivated), my smoogie with some licorice, gum, mint lip balm and some suckers I got from Lifesource.

No comments: