Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving

First off, I know everyone is dying to know how my Tofurkey meal was...lol. Well, it was sooooo yummy! I was a bit scared at first, reading mixed reviews, but it smelled so good cooking in the oven, I was hoping it was going to taste as good as it smelled, and yum, it did.
I have now come to realize, that the family has gotten HUGE! Super sized! It's awesome to see so many children running around (ecspecially when you can spoil them to pieces), and having the whole family together again. We always have such good times, I really don't know why we save it only for holidays.
It was as usual hotter than....let's see what's one of my moms sayings I could insert here, oh....hotter than mollasses in July (uh, whatever that means, I think it means super hot). We usually always come prepared in layers though, so it's all good. It smelled sooooo wonderful, and there was a lot of family chatter and picture taking.
It was great, because this year Jen put a project together, we all answered some questions, and she took some quotes from our answers and we had to guess who said it. I sucked, but my hubby won. She then put together a little booklet that had everyones answers it. Thanks so much for that Jen, you put a lot of work into that, and it turned out great! It was a wonderful read, learning things I never knew. I laughed a lot, some people are very creative, and descriptive. My favorite by far was Adrianas answer...."when I grow up I want to be....a pony. If I could do anything for an entire day...I would build a pony and turn into a pony". It's so sweet how kids believe they can really do ANYTHING. I wish we would never lose the idea of believing we could do something so big.
It was a wonderful Thanksgiving!


Before everyone stuffed themselves full of food.....
Playing in the 'wood' room. Man, can you imagine how magical this place must look to the kids....
John and Jeremy trading Star Wars minis......

Jacks traditional after meal nap....I didn't capture any sound with this, but trust me, there was sound!

Heather doing grandmas dishes, you know what, this is a first!

Brother and sister having tons of back deck slip slidin fun!

Lookin at ads, filling out Jens quote sheet, coloring and talkin.

Checking the food list to make sure all the food was out.....


4 comments:

Tammy said...

I had so much fun! I can't believe all the people now. I am not gonna lie (LOL)) I love all the kids running around to. Our family is pretty bog now though! That is awesome. I do have to say something about one of you pictures though. It was kinda creepy. I had to send it to photo shop to see what it was and me and Nick starred at it forver trying to figure it out. The one where everyone is reading the ads, coloring and doing the survey.. Also I am standing which me and nick decided that I am throwing something. Anyways it looks like there is something on the couch,I was like "wow that is creepy what is that." Then we got all serious@ LOL... take a look at it. Lvoe all the pics though.. Love and see you dark and early Ta ta!

Tammy said...

LOL....ok, Jessica made that comment above signed in to my account....I don't make comments to myself....lol.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had a wonderful thanksgiving and that your tofu-turkey turned out delicious!

Jennifer Evans said...

Thought of you when I read this post from Inside A Black Apple. http://theblackapple.typepad.com/inside_a_black_apple/2008/11/cozy-orphan-tha.html They had both turkeys too! I love this gal from Portland. So funny and cute! Another blog I follow who makes the morgage within four minutes of posting items in her etsy shop. Sigh!