Friday, November 14, 2008

Park Day

I decided to grab my camera and head to the park this morning before work. The sky was blue, the sun was out, and I needed to be outside. I wore my flops, like I do every day, it was a bit chilly walking near the water, and the trail in a few spots was pretty muddy, I almost slipped a couple of times. A couple of ladies walked by me, and one said "oh dear, you're in sandals". I said , "yep, it was a spure of the moment decision". I always wear my flops, but didn't want to get into a big discussion of how it's bad for me and all....lol. So, she says "oh dear, living life is better than crying over a man." I thought, huh, well, that was weird. So I continue on my journey, and about 10 minutes later, as I'm taking a picture, the two ladies come walking back, and she comes up to me and says "I hope you don't think I'm nuts, I told you not to fret over a man, and my friend told me you had a camera". I said, "oh, no, I don't think youre nuts". It was funny.
There weren't a lot of people about, so I didn't go too far, as there are some weirdos that lurk about, unfortunetly. I had a great time though, I was gone for a couple of hours. When I got home, I fed the squirrels and decided to take some more pictures, we have leaves everywhere, and ended up stepping in dog doo. Well, that was the end of that, but I had an awesome morning! Below are a few of my favorite pictures that I took.

I LOVE water droplets....

I thought this mushroom was the cutest little thing, a nice spot for faery to rest......


Oh the beauty of nature.....


I love the petals.....







3 comments:

Jessica Gray said...

LOL that is so funny about the Ladies! Poor Tam she though you where fretting over a man. LOL.. The pictures are really pretty!

Jay Andrew said...

Gorgeous pics hun :)
Funny that you were out in your sandals - I try to stave off wearing "proper" boots or shoes in winter for as long as possible and would be much happier if I could stay barefoot or in sandals all of the time. But there comes a time when your feet just get too manky.

Jennifer Evans said...

Have I said how much I love your macro shots?... Ok, I will say it again! I so want to try your camera on Thanksgiving.