Friday, November 7, 2008

Sicky

Well, I caught the cold that everyone else has been so nicely giving away this week. I'm a horrible sick person, really, ask anyone around me. I called Jess this afternoon just to give her a heads up that I was dying! I didn't sleep very well at all last night, tossed and turned until 5 this morning, then I discovered it was easier to sleep on my back. I don't sleep well when I have a cold, because I sleep on my tummy and breathe through my nose, so my body, well, my brain I suppose, goes nuts when I don't sleep how I usually do. I did manage to get a few hours of restful sleep. I woke up, did the blowing and feeling sorry for myself routine, then cuddled on the couch with a blanket and watched Serendipity. I had to come into work this afternoon, but since it's only half day, I hope it goes by quickly, so I can curl back up on the couch and watch Love Actually. I read garlic is a great immune supporter, so I'm going to have some veggie broth with garlic for dinner, and continue drinking my Yogi 'Cold Season' tea, my Echinacea Plus tea, steaming and using the neti pot. Hopefully I can boost my system for a speedier recovery....fingers are crossed!

5 comments:

Jessica Gray said...

Get well soon. That tea looks yummy. Wish I liked tea. Hopefully you get better ASAP!

Jay Andrew said...

Oh no! I hope you are feeling better today hunny - sending you more tartan healingness. If you want quick relief, I find taking chunks of raw garlic over like tablets helps - one or two cloves. And mega-doses of Vitamin C and zince.

Jay Andrew said...

Of course I mean ZINC!It's too darn early...

Marsha said...

Sorry to hear you are not feeling well. Rest and get better quickly.

Andie said...

I hope you recover from this soon!
I'm going to have to try to find that tea...