Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Borders run and the Beatles

Jess and I did a Borders run today, so I could use my 40% off CD's coupon. We ended up getting my mom a couple things too, telling her how lucky we were to be working with her at the office. I mean, where I else could you work that would even let you do a Borders run?

I ended up with some extras, other than CD's. I got John Hellboy 2, which was on sale as well. We searched for a book that Jeanne recommended called Between Earth and Sky. I say search, because we actually sat on the floor at one point because we couldn't find the thing, yet it said 'likely in store'. I did not want to give up on the search, because, well, I wanted the darn book. After going through the same books over and over (unfortunetly, sometimes the books get out of order at Borders because people decide they don't want them and just stick them anywhere), I finally spotted it tucked away between two biggie books.

They have so many cute holiday books for kids, and cards and just all kinds of holiday fun, so we browsed a bit. We then went by the games and found no Beatles Monopoly game. I have been eyeing it for some time, and new I should have gotten it when I had the chance. But, as fate would have it, it wasn't meant to be (remember I just watched Serendiptiy, so this week I will notice a lot of fate stuff, and since watching Love Actually, I will actually probably overuse the word actually). We head up to the check out, and what do you know, fate does tempt me, there, right at the front is.....one Beatles Monopoly game. Uh, SAWEET! So, Jess and I have a Monopoly game to play this Wknd. She doesn't know anything about the Beatles, except that Paul is my favorite, but hey, Monopoly has now become a Beatles lesson. Oh, I did end up getting the CD 'And Winter Came..' by Enya.

4 comments:

Jessica Gray said...

I am SOOO glad that you got the Monopoly board. I may not know anything about the Beatles, but I sure can't wait to kick your butt playing the game! Better watch out!

Jay Andrew said...

And it's so cool you got the book! I hope you love it. I see a book group starting in the Magick Coffee Club :)

Tammy said...

Oh, a book club, what an excellent idea!!

Jennifer Evans said...

Oh my dearie! My mom would love that game!!!!