Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Scrappin, Carrie, David Cook and stuff

I've had quite a lot of fun these past few days. Saturday I went to Borderlands and scrapped for about 4 hours. I hadn't scrapped for a few months, and was getting behind. I have a sort of Spiritual/Nature scrapbook that I started in July. I couldn't believe all I got done.

Sunday I did my usual house cleaning, laundry, and raked what leaves would fit into the yard carts. Dang, my arm got tired. Ran across a lot of dog doo from neighbors animals, and thats gross, kind of ruins the yummy earth smell ya know!


Monday wasn't Babe Monday, Nick stayed home because of his foot, so I got caught up on my Dragonlance reading, slept in and gamed a while....anticipating going to Carrie Underwood concert.....


Jess arrived at my house, and after showing her the Creative Memories catalog and my updated scrapbook, my mom picked us up. We hit major traffic leaving Salem, it took us a half hour to get to I-5. Alas though, we were Carrie bound! It's always freaky finding your way in Portland, but we made it. The first thing we did was get the souvenirs. I got a shirt, my mom got a shirt, and Jess got a key chain. Jess brought her camera, so I snagged a couple of her pictures (see her blog for more pics and maybe a video?). Little Big Town opened, they were great. I saw them with Martina McBride a few years ago, so I wore my Little Big Town tshirt to the concert. Jess fell in love with one of the guys in the band...lol. They sang 'Life in a Northern Town' (which I loved in the 80's, they redid it with Sugarland). After Little Big Town, while waiting for Carrie to come out, Jess and I pulled out the binoculars that came with each seat, and began the fun activity of people watching. She said "50 points for a nose picker", well, we didn't see one, but saw: boring couple, shiny shirt girl, and found who we think is Carrie Underwoods stalker. That was pretty fun!


So, they put a 5 minute countdown timer up on the screens, and the time finally arrives. She came up out of the stage singing "Flat on the Floor". We had Carrie's biggest fan in front of us (see Jessicas blog for picture of the back of Carrie's biggest fan) and that was fun too! He shouted at one point "Carrie, I love you"! I'm guessing he was about 14 or 15. She sang Guns N' Roses 'Paradise City' for the encore, and did an excellent job. I hope she records that one! Her final song was 'Before He Cheats', and they shot like tons of sparkling confetti out into the audience. I had a lot of fun, but next time will spend a little more money on seats on the ground floor, that's where all the active people are. We had duds around us, besides Carries Biggest Fan, everyone just sat there. Umm....why go to a concert and just sit there, makes no sense to me. Afterwards, outside were people from Vegan Outreach handing out vegetarian material, which was pretty cool (Carrie Underwood is a vegetarian).



So, we drove home, and hit a lot of fog, but no traffic. We got home around midnight, I finished watching Desperate Housewives and decided to go to bed, anticipating the next day, because DAVID COOK's cd was coming out. OK, I voted for him throughout American Idol, never swayed from wanting him to win, and so first thing this morning I got my new CD. I made sure to save some money from the concert last night, so I could get it. And let me tell you, it doesn't dissapoint.


Today Jessica and I went to Golden Tent for lunch, I had my usual tofu, veggies, noodles with tons of soy sauce and crunchies....yummy! Tonight I'm going to play a game of Warhammer with Amy. I set the game up a few weeks ago, not thinking it happened the day after the concert, so now I'm kind of not looking forward to it now, but we can leave early. I know once I get there it will all be good, but I'm kind of tired from last night still....lol. So, been a fairly eventful last few days!
I made some gift tags at the scrap day....

One of my scrap pages...of course I'd take the pic of the one with my feet....hee, hee......

My concert ticket.....

The encore....

Me in my new Carrie shirt, Jessica made me say "Carrie", yes, I said it, can't you tell?

My front yard after raking most of the leaves, I should have taken a before picture...

Noah looking at me while taking the front yard picture, isn't he cute!!

Ahhh....my David Cook CD
Me and my mom in the office today doing the 'aren't we cute in our new carrie shirts, can't see double chin' pose!

4 comments:

Jessica Gray said...

Wow you did have an eventfull week! How fun though. At least I know that you werent bored. LOL. The concert rocked, at least we had the biggest fan in front of us to make up for the dudlings!.... I love the picture of you saying "Carrie." It is so cute...

Jay Andrew said...

Excuse my ignorance Tam - what's Borderlands? And Carrie Underwood, what's she like then?
Sorry, would post more but am feeling really crappy :(

Tammy said...

Oh, Borderlands is the gaming place that John frequents, but they let us use one of the rooms once a month for scrapping.

Carrie Underwood is country, but not twangy country singin about stupid stuff...lol. She was an American Idol winner, and she's awesome. Look at Jessicas blog and check out the video of Carrie singing with the little girl on stage, it's really sweet.

Andie said...

teehehehe I love the can't see double chin pose!
I am stealing that one! ;)

Oooo I totaly voted for David Cook too.