Saturday, August 9, 2008

Part 1: A day at the park

Jessica and I had plans to go to the library and a picnic with the kids today. Well, the kids didn't get to come down this wknd, so I decided I would still go. I packed a lunch, and my camera and headed off about 10:30 this morning. There were a lot of people there, but it is such a big park, I hardly ran into anyone at all. I walked a while, and decided to go down to the river to just sit and watch things (see part part 2 post for my river adventure). After quite a while at the river, I journeyed back up top and found a ton of blackberry bushes around, and these yellow flowers. It was really exciting, because there were honey bees all over the place, so I took many pictures and just watched them gathering nectar. I then went to the library, checked out a bunch of books: Polar Bears, Herb Gardens, Birds, Paul McCartney bio, and a Scrapbooking for Dummies for Jess. After that, I went to Bush Park for my lunch. It was quite an experience and I had so much fun.

The first flower I came to




























Blackberries:















The ladybug:















The Bees:












































The library books:
















The picnic spot:












2 comments:

Andie said...

those pictures you took are gorgeous!
I especially like the water drops and the blackberry ;)

Marsha said...

These pics are fantastic! What kind of camera are you using?