Friday, August 1, 2008

Backyard Critters....

So, today is my nature observing Friday, and I usually do this in my backyard, because it's very peaceful and I don't have to worry about getting kidnapped...hee, hee. I do love my backyard though, and today was a real treat, because of all the critters I got to see. Spiders, squirrels, birds, centipedes, ants and a mouse. The spider pics are cool, because on a dirt hill we have in our backyard, there are a lot of funnell web spiders, and since it rained this morning, there is moisture on their webs.

Ya know, looking at the mouse pic, I thought, could this be a rat instead of a mouse? I have owned rats before, and know how large they can get, but have never seen a mouse as large as the shed mice, but could it be that they are eating so well? Hmmm....I don't know, the more I look at the pictures the more I'm thinking they might be rats. OK, so what do you guys think? Rat or mouse?






2 comments:

Jessica Gray said...

I vote that it is a mouse. Especially after going online and looking. That is so cool. The pictures turned out really good.

Anonymous said...

Be careful Tammy. The dangerous spiders like hobos make funnel webs on the ground. Good spiders that are good for the garden are always off the ground. Yeah, I know, too much First Aid and CPR classes with Salem's Milan Miller. - Jen