Sunday, July 12, 2009

Vegas: Highlights, a love story and some pictures

We made it back from Vegas, a bit sore (from way too much walking), but back in one piece (well, thank goodness for that huh). The highlights:

  • Las Vegas Fruits and Nuts - My very favorite place to get yummy snacks. I even got a key chain of a nut.
  • The Beatles stuff - I got a Sgt. Peppers t-shirt, some buttons and an Abbey Road key chain. I was going to save all my money and just get more Beatles stuff, but I fell in love, and spent my money elsewhere (see love story below)
  • Skipping class (yes, at 41 I will still skip school if an opportunity presents itself).
  • Playing cards with Jessica (fun, fun, fun)
  • Getting a picture with a Showgirl
  • Drinking a very strong margarita
  • Seeing Jubilee - I felt like I was right there in the middle of a musical, that's what I call heaven!
  • Seeing Jessica have so much fun (minus all the anxiety of the plane and the late night panic attack) on her first out of state trip.
  • Did I already mention skipping class, I like to live on the wild side, as you can see.
  • The plane trip back - the search, the confiscation (see Jessicas blog for details)
  • Landing in Oregon - how I love our green state!
  • Seeing the Babe be so excited to see her mommy
  • Hugging my honey when I got home, oh, and having him go get me Taco Bell, he even offered to go by himself with my vegan order (big step for him, ha, ha).

THE LOVE STORY

While walking through the Luxor, getting stressed because someone (not mentioning who *cough* mom) gets so tense when they don't know where theyre going, I spot it. I let out a scream of excitement. "Oh my god", I exclaim. Jessica says, "Is it a celebrity"? I'm thinking 'a celebrity, no way, this is way better then that'. "Oh my god, it's Lush", I say. I leave them behind, running to my new love, barely looking back at the two of them, who are at this point thinking I'm sure I'm a complete loon, and wondering what the heck Lush is, I say "I will see you inside". Man, I am in heaven, not the living in a musical heaven, but actual, I can just sit here the rest of my days heaven. The soaps, the smells, the shampoos, oh my! It's double heaven too, cause everything is marked with a V that is vegan, so I don't have to strain my eyes searching for ingredients. I buy: Daddy-O Shampoo, Veganese Conditioner, The Olive Branch Shower Gel, Pied De Pepper Foot Lotion, Ceridwens Cauldron Bath Melt, and as if that isn't enough, the sales lady introduces me to The Buffy, so I of course have to get that too. I carried my Lush bag out proudly, and was super jealous when people commented on how cool and pretty Jessicas handbag was, but can you believe, not one person commented on my Lush bag? I guess they just saw the brown paper bag, and didn't realize the treasure it held inside. Oh well, their loss, I'm in love with Lush!

Our Hotel


I love this picture of Jess in the pot. It was taken in front of our hotel. It was a rushed shot, because we didn't know what could be living in there, but I now call it her super model shot (there were a ton of people looking on wondering who the crazy in the pot was)

The Jessica Showgirl pose
Going up to our room on the 25th floor

Me and Jimi Hendrix

The Babe on the way home from Jens after we picked her up. She's wearing mommy's new shades. I bet you thought I wouldn't get a Babe pic in here.

4 comments:

Marsha said...

It sounds like you guys had an amazing time! I have read alot about LUSH and have wanted to try their products. I may just have to order some stuff now!

Anonymous said...

I love your love story lol! I've never heard of lush but now I'll think of you when I see it. I love Jess's supermodel shot it is really really cute pic!

Jessica Gray said...

I had so much fun! I seriously thought that you like saw a Celebrity. But Come on, that wouldn't be nearly as cool as seeing LUSH. :) I would defiantly do it again....by train, or car or not a plane...:)

Jay Andrew said...

Yay LUSH. Funny, I was in Lush at last week, buying Vanillary perfume and bath bubbles. DaddyO is the best.