Monday, July 20, 2009

Hunting for Marshmallows

Saturday my mom and I took a trip up to Whole Foods in Tigard. Wow, I'm getting spoiled, first I found Lush and now Whole Foods. It was so much bigger then Lifesource, and they carried more of my Aubrey Organics stuff, I even got some shave cream. The whole point of the trip up there was for Vegan marshmallows, which they don't carry at Lifesource. We are going camping this Wknd, and I wanted some marshmallows for roasting. So, after my initial "wow, this store is awesome" moment, I discovered the marshmallows right next to some yummy vegan brownies, which I had to buy. Oh, I also discovered vegan nacho cheese. They carry the cheddar kind at Lifesource, but I didn't even know they made a nacho one. So, this week I'm going to make some yummy nachos. Back to the marshmallows, I found them by searching online, and discovered that they carried them at Whole Foods. I had read that they needed to stay in the fridge for freshness until you used them, so I made sure to take a cooler with me. They seemed fine, so I put them in my cupboard (good thing I don't follow directions well), and yesterday I decided to read the back of the bag to see if I had to keep them cold. So, I discover nothing of the kind, but see that they are stamped with "Whole Foods Bakery", and realize these are not the marshmallows I was after (gelatin in the ingredients). UGH!!! I was so mad. I have to have marshmallows, I just do. John was like, "why didn't you read it?" I'm like, "they looked just like the ones online, and I was so overwhelmed with excitement I guess I didn't pay attention". So, I told my mom about it, and she said, well, we will just have to make another trip on Friday morning. They are in the dairy dept, so I was looking in the wrong place anyways. These had better be some pretty amazing marshmallows.

2 comments:

Jennifer Evans said...

I've been there... totally awesome. I loved the floral and produce department. Everything is so beautiful organic. Oh, I loved the health and beauty department too. I could of spent hours just looking at everything!

Jessica Gray said...

Aww the story was so awesome in the beginning. Finding this new land of Vegan Friendly yummies. Then BAM! Everything goes from From non-refrigerated yums to Tammy can't even eat the darn things... Then before I couldn't pull myself together anymore, it happened. A second chance. A second trip to the Happy place. LOL... And PS it is ok to be spoiled:) My Step mommy spoils ME!!!! Hope the marshmallows are yummy!