Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Half Blood Prince

I went and saw Harry Potter at the 12:10 am showing with Amy and Jon (not my John, he had to get up way too early for work). First, I drove to the wrong theatre. We pulled in and I was like, "uh, nobody is here". They were like, "it's the Lancaster Mall one were going to". I even knew that, guess it was past my bedtime and I was delirous?
When we get to the right theatre, we know we are in the right spot. I cannot believe the line there was. They said that earlier in the day it went clear back to the freeway. I believe all the shows except for the 12:30 were sold out. We stood in line (the long line) and waited for our theatre number to be called, so I told Jon and Amy my skipping tax class story. Then this lady in front of me turns around, and it's my old tax instructor, that was a bit awkward...ha, ha.
Anyways, we finally get in, and are in the 3rd row from the FRONT. Thank god Lancaster Mall was redone, because their seats lean back, and it was not a bad experience like when I saw Lord of the Rings. This guy in front of us had been waiting in line since 5:00 pm, and some other people had been camped since Sunday. This is with tickets, so they waited in line for a good seat. At this theatre, I don't think there is a bad seat, so I'm glad we didn't show up too early.
I hoped to see a Twilight trailer on the big screen, and I got my wish. It was the first trailer they showed, and of course all the girls screamed, and the jeaulous guys booed....it was funny. So, to the movie...it was AWESOME!!! It was my favorite one so far. I couldn't really remember too much of the book, except for the main parts, so I won't compare it to the book, although, all the other potter films were very close to their books. It was 2 hours and 32 minutes, but it went by way too fast, and that's coming from someone who thinks 11:00 PM is too late to be awake. If you are a Potter fan, don't wait for DVD on this film.

3 comments:

Jennifer Evans said...

Oh, man... now I am going to have to go with Dave... ;)

Anonymous said...

Hey I was there too!! We were the 12:02 showing! You should have gone on transformers night! It was 10x worse!

Jay Andrew said...

Glad you enjoyed it. Flash and DD went last night too. 'Fraid it's not my cup of tea though :(