Friday, September 19, 2008

Surprise from hubby

Our bathroom sink is clogged...again...and John decided to try and clean the pipes with a snake, but when he took the pipes apart, they just disinegrated. He wasn't very pleased about that, so he had to make a trip to Home Depot to get some new piping. So, he calls me when he leaves, and tells me he got me a surprise, and that it's cute. I'm thinking, a cute surprise from Home Depot? I must say Home Depot is NOT my favorite place to shop, as a matter of fact it's extremely boring for me, and I avoid going with him, because he asks a lot of questions about wiring and things like that. One of my favorite episodes on the Newlyweds with Jessica and Nick, is their trip to Home Depot, because Jessica looks so bored, I feel her pain....anyways....I'm thinking what could he possibly buy me that is cute from Home Depot. I think, maybe it's some cute squirrel feeder, or bird bath, or something cool for the yard. I get home, and I see this big box and discover the cute surprise....mind you, it's very exciting.....but I wouldn't exactly call it cute. He bought me a Dyson vacuum cleaner....I have been wanting one of those for years!!! That thing does everything, and isn't suppose to ever lose its suction. So, I of course had to test it out, and WOW, it was awesome!! After I was done, my carpet was soooo clean, it was like walking on freshly shampooed carpet. It was a nice surprise, where he got cute from, is beyond me, maybe guys think us ladies think vacuum cleaners are cute? Hmmmm, I'm not sure, but it is sooo cool! Unfortunetly, the piping didn't work, so he has to go back tomorrow, but I got my Dyson!

4 comments:

Jessica Gray said...

That is so cool that you got the vacuum that you always wanted! LOL and it is "Cute!" Men.....I can't wait to see the cleaned carpet. and that was very sweet and "cute" of my Gumby to get that for you. I bet that was the first time you looked forward and ENJOYED vacuuming. :) Love ya~

Jay Andrew said...

Errrmmm...if Flash said he had bought me a present and it turned out to be a vacuum cleaner, I would be likely to wrap it round his neck! But then I am not remotely domesticated and see household appliances as a thing you buy for the house and not as a present. So don't mind me and enjoy yours hunny :)

Tammy said...

Jule...lol....yes, I agree. It wasn't really a "present"....just a little somethin! He would never buy me an appliance or anything for like bday, or holiday, he better not anyways!!

Jennifer Evans said...

We got one when we realized the one I was using didn't work... i wonder how long i was using it that way? I love it! It really works so well for allergies! :)