Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Squash Recipe


I found this recipe on the Internet several years ago, and it has now become a traditional Autumn Equinox dinner for me. I have the Squash, some vegetarian canned beans and some corn bread...yummy!

Baked Acorn Squash with Apple Stuffing

1 Medium Acorn Squash
2 Small apples, unpeeled, diced
2 Tbsp diced celery
2 tsp minced onion
2 tsp butter, melted
2 Tbsp water
Dash of salt

Preheat oven to 400 degrees

Cut squash in half, remove seeds. Place cut side down on baking sheet sprayed with vegetable pan spray.

Combine apples, celery and onion. Add butter and water. Put in small baking dish. Cover.

Bake squash and apple stuffing for 45 minutes. Remove from oven.

Salt squash. Fill with apple mixture.

Serves 2

3 comments:

Jay Andrew said...

Nom Nom - that looks yummy. Thanks for posting that hun :)

Vegetarian beans? Here baked beans in tomato sauce are veggie anyway. Am I right in thinking that the baked beans you have tend to have pork and fat and other yucky stuff in them? A friend was in the US in the 1990's and told us that then.

Tammy said...

Yes, beans usually have the pork in them. You can get them without, but they contain sugar, so I go for the Amy's brand, their free of sugar too....and super tasty.

Andie said...

yum!
I think I shall hae to try that one out myself! :)