Monday, June 14, 2010

Day 1 Blog Challenge - My Wknd

Well, I am excited to start this blog challenge. It's for 30 days, and they say it takes about that long to form a new habit. I've always loved writing, and I'm trying to really make time to do it, so this will help with that as well.
This wknd was a nice wknd. Saturday it looked like it was not going to ever reach the 80 degree mark that was predicted. It eventually got warmer as the day progressed, and so Jess and I went out back with the crazy Babe for a bit. When they left, I stayed out back and read my Dragonlance book for a while and just enjoyed watching the birds and sitting under the Oak. It was very refreshing.
Sunday after a short walk with the hubby and stroller Babe, I made tatos and pancakes for breakfast. I had to share my breakfast with the beggar Babe though. Then I went to the store and bought veggies for our week long salads, washed all that up and then John and I watched Whale Wars. We get quite animated while watching that show. If you've ever played the Sims, we use Sim postures like the raising of the arms and declaring something very boldly. We don't say "ochicolo" like a Sim though, we do speak English.
Heather texted me and asked what I was doing, so she came and picked me up and we went to Borders, and to some downtown bookstores (two of which were closed and we were very sad) and then we went to the park and talked, stopping at Lifesource on the way back home.
It was a really great wknd, oh, and I also watched Forest Gump in there somewhere and cried.

2 comments:

Jessica Gray said...

Nice! Sounds like you had an awesome weekend:) Wish I could have been there...O wait I was ha ha ... I live here now..ba ha ha ha!

Marsha said...

You had quite the busy weekend. I love fun packed weekends. Makes the work week seem more bareable. Oh and I am secretly taking your 30 day blog chalenge! So shh don't tell anyone.