Thursday, October 1, 2009

Celebration

This week, Madonnas album Celebration was released. I of course being a huge Madonna fan, must have this CD. Just thinking about it, takes me back a bit.......

Like a Virgin.....this was my very first Madonna cassette I bought. I don't think I bought her first cassette until after buying Like a Virgin. Like a Virgin started my Madonna Wannabe phase (yes, back in the 80's there was a name for people like me). I had the earings, the many bracelets, the clothes, the gloves (which I still have in my cedar chest), oh and I also drew on the mole with eyeliner. I remember going to a High School football game, and little kids actually coming up to me calling me Madonna. I did wear some pretty revealing clothes back then, my favorite was a pink satiny shirt, that I wore as a freakin dress.

I was so excited to go see Desperatly Seeking Susan. Can you believe that my mom actually went with me.? I remember the scene where Madonna was in a bathroom drying her pits with the hand dryer, and some girls behind me saying how gross and disgusting she was. I remember turning around and glaring at them. That was so uncalled for, not to mention, why were they there? Uh, jealous much?

The True Blue phase. I actually cut my very loooooong hair, and colored it to match this picture. My best friend Marsha dyed it. I do believe the first time came out on the pinkish side, so we had to do it twice. It still never was platinum blonde though. She lived in Washington, and when I came back to Oregon, my mom picked me up at the train station. I didn't tell her what I did to my hair. She hated black finger nail polish, so I wasn't going to say anything about dying my hair. I was standing right in front of her at the station, and she was looking all around for me. I said "mom, I'm right in front of you". She said, "what did you do to your hair". Wasn't very pleasant I must say. It was a nightmare growing out that cut, but I never stopped coloring my hair every color possible. Except now of course.

This has always been my very favorite Madonna picture. I can't remember what magazine it was from, Life maybe, but I kept it in a frame forever. I'm thinking I might still have it in my cedar chest, I will have to check.
LOVED the movie Truth or Dare. I do believe my brother in law David actually went with me to see the movie.


I'm off to purchase this CD.......


1 comment:

Marsha said...

I remember doing your hair and cutting up clothes to make the Maddona like outfits. Those were some fun times.