Saturday, August 29, 2009

Diana

My concert was so good last night! We weren't as close to the stage as I would have liked, and I wasn't too happy with the lady who sat right in front of me, because I had to watch with my head tilted to the right, and only I think twice I could see the whole stage. Then she kept moving positions, so then I would have to move positions. I don't like the seating at the Arlene Shnitzer hall, because I think that all seats should be good seats, and if you pay 80 bucks to see a show, you should be able to see it, ya know?
Ok....done with the ranting part....onto Diana. She was freakin awesome, and really funny too. The lady sitting next to me told me that her Uncles girlfriend, who was sitting next to her, owns a boutique shop in Portland a couple blocks down from the Shnitzer, and Diana came in the day before her concert and bought a dress. She said she had her hair pulled back in a pony, no make up on, and the lady told her that she was going to see her show the next night. Well, Diana tells her "I will look much better for the show." How cool would that have been to meet her? Anyways, she was great, looking gorgeous in a black dress and bright pink high heels.
When we first arrived, I had to stop at the souvenir stand and I got: A tshirt (I know, I said I wasn't, but it's not the kind of tshirts I don't wear, it's like my Beatles tshirt that I do wear), a Quiet Nights book (autographed), a mug, and a key chain. I also got my mom a hat, cause she didn't want a shirt.......
I bought the mug knowing it would become my Douglas Fir Tip Tea mug......the best freakin tea ever (I sweeten it with Agave Nectar, Yum).
Me with all my jazz (no pun intended), minus my keychain, ran outta hands ya know

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow glad it was a good concert. And the T-shirt is a cute one I must say. And LOVE"N the MUG!!! I wish that I was a tea drinker so i can have a special mug...I need a special mug:( anyways cute story too about Diana at the store with no make up on, that is cool! <3 Jessica

Anonymous said...

GLad you had a lot of fun! I've never heard of her before so now I'll have to google her!