Wednesday, August 19, 2009

The Dead Washer

Monday is my wash day (well Sunday actually, but I waited till Monday). I started the load like any other day, started cooking my dinner, then I realized I couldn't hear the washer going anymore. Thinking I overfilled it with clothes, I went in there to move things around. My washer is really really old, and very sensitive. Well, overfilling wasn't the problem, it just wasn't going to start up again. Great, all of my clothes are now soaked! So, I take out my soaking wet clothes, and put them in a garbage bag inside my laundry basket. John drains the water out with a pitcher, then of course has to resort to something smaller in the end. We find out it's the belt that broke.
So, the next day John gets a belt. I come home, and when I open the door to the utility room (I go through the garage cause I park my car in there), the washer is still on its side and John is in an EXTREMELY bad mood. He was working on it for an hour and a half, and when I got home, he was boiling. So, I pull out my Ipod and start dinner, find out my Tarot has arrived, but with all the tension in the air, I save opening it until later, because I was just too excited about it, I didn't want anything to burst that bubble. Anyways, we now need to get a new washer, because as he was fixing it, it started falling apart (cause its really super old).
Now my house is smelling like gross wet clothes. I need to take them over to my moms tonight to wash them, cause soon my house will be unbearable because of the smell. Not to mention the fact that we will be out of underwear very soon, and all our towels are now soaked because the washer hoses were left over night on the floor, so this morning I woke up to a big wet mess.

No comments: