Wednesday, February 4, 2009

The Chili Incident

So, last Friday was a very hectic day. A huge mess up happened involving some money...ugh, then coming to work finding out that some year end papers needed to be filed that day, and I had thought we had another month. Jess had to come in and file her papers, I had to do mine, and then there was a ton of other stuff going on, welcome to tax season. I didn't leave until almost 8:00 (don't feel too sorry for me, I didn't come in until 1:30...hee, hee), so I decided to swing by Lifesource and pick up some dinner. I got some yummy rolls, and some 5 bean chili from the hot bar. I get to my car, open up my door and all the mail comes tumbling out (I shouldn't have put it in that little side pocket on the door) so I set the chili on top of the car and hunt for the mail. I take off, drop off the mail, get almost home and realize I forgot the freakin chili on top of the car. I was so mad. After having such a hectic day, to lose my dinner? I pull into the garage fuming, get out and what do you know, the chili is still on top of my car. I bet a lot of people driving by me and behind me got an eyeful and wondered if I knew it was there. So, I got to enjoy my chili, I thought it was so funny that it hung in there the whole way home (I'm glad I have a sunroof).

4 comments:

Jessica Gray said...

I can picture you driving down liberty road with a white thing sitting on the top of your car. Of course you where so mad that you didn't see anyone trying to tell you about it I am sure... LOL at least after the mess you had that in the end. The chili was teasing you!

Anonymous said...

Haha that is hilarious. Did anyone look at you funny???

Jay Andrew said...

LOL! Thanks for that story - fair cheered me up. Welcome to Dementia World hun :)

Unknown said...

lol thats a great little story. I'm glad after all the troubles of the day you still got to enjoy a good meal. Even if it was surfing your car half of the way home ^^

Bright blessings.