Saturday, January 24, 2009

Vampire or Lycan?

John is a HUGE Underworld fan, bordering almost on movie abuser. So, we had to go see Underworld Rise of the Lycans last night. It was really good, and I think it was my favorite of all of the Underworld movies, but I am also a fan of Lucian, and it was pretty much his story, so that was cool. John and I have those strange conversations like "would you want to be a Predator or an Alien" (I ALWAYS choose Alien), and of course after he has watched Underworld 1 or II for the millionth time "Vampire or Lycan". I always say vampire, but after watching the movie last night, I changed my mind, and will say Lycan, except there aren't any female Lycan that I have seen.

1 comment:

Jay Andrew said...

I saw a trailer for the movie when I went to see "Twilight". I have only seen the first one and was a bit put off by Kate Beckinsale :( Also, I can't get my head round Michael Sheen (Lucien) as a werewolf, having seen him as Kenneth Williams and Tony Blair. Nor Bill Nighy as an uber-vamp!
When I read things like Twilight (Leah)/ Kelley Armstrong (Elena Michaels)/Carrie Vaughn (Kitty) , I think I would prefer the werewolf life to that of the bloodsucker.