Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Some thoughts

Thinking about my life of late, I just wanted to write about how lucky I am. I am exactly where I want to be right now, in ways I never thought possible, and am surrounded by the people that really matter to me.....
I love my spiritual path, I love that I'm passionate about the envrironment, it has really opened up new things to me, seeing the world in a different light, and has helped me make better choices about the things I do, and buy. It really has totally changed my life.

I love discovering new things. I'm thankful for music, for the inspiration, and peace it gives me (currently Fleet Foxes).

I love being creative. This past Saturday, me, Jess and my mom went downtown for scrap day. I started a family book, and used older pictures of us. I'm amazed at how fast the kids have grown up.

I am so thankful for Jessica. I am so proud of her, for being such a good mom to her Babe, and how dedicated she is to becoming a step-mom. I am proud of her relationship with Nick too. It's funny looking back, I wanted to protect her so much from the things I had to go through being a step parent, I didn't really look deeper into her relationship with Nick. I'm glad he's in her life, he is trying the best that he can to give her stability, strength, and become a leader for his family. I've seen them both grow so much in the past few months, and am so proud of both of them. Jessica is very lucky to have her family, she is such a great inspiration to them and everyone she meets. She is my biggest confidant, and I love her so very much!

I'm so lucky to have John as my husband. He's always there to tell me how pretty I am (even when I know I look like I just got run over by a truck...lol), he tries his best to support me when I'm being an emotional drama Queen, and make me laugh, and laugh, and laugh, and laugh.

These past few years have been pretty hard on me, having some issues with some family members, issues that are still not resolved, and sometimes I think never will be. But, it really doesn't matter anymore, I know who brings joy and healing into my life, and I know who drains me. I know the difference between sincerety, and just words.

I may not have a lot of people in my life, but the ones that I do, I'm so blessed to have.

3 comments:

Jay Andrew said...

I'm totally with you on this one kiddo ! We spend so much time trying to be Miss Popularity, when in our hearts we know that it's the special wee group that makes us fly. G, Vari and Ray are my rocks and I am so lucky to have them in my life. Plus Clair, Dave, Phil and Dougie.
And I'm lucky to have my Yankee doppelganger LOL. Love to you xxx
Oh and YAY on Fleet Foxes. Look out for Duffy if you haven;t already.

Jennifer Evans said...

Really touching Tammy! I know what you mean about having the people that lift you up around you the most! I have realized that those that bring you down don't love you unconditionally. We are so thankful for you and your family!

Curious Curandera said...

Isn't it nice to look back on the things surrounding us?