Monday, July 28, 2008

The wknd.....

Wow, what a wknd. Friday night I rode up with Jess to pick up the kids. We got stuck in traffic for about a half hour, but we didn't run out of things to talk about. It's funny, cause I don't recall what we were even talking about. Probably random stuff like usual. I gotta tell ya, we get into some really random conversations, so it comes in handy on a trip to Washington. After getting home, I worked out, cause I told myself I must workout at least 20 minutes a day, no matter what the time, watched my soap then went to bed.

Saturday morning, started on the backyard to get ready for Korissa's bday party on Sunday. Our backyard was pretty out of control. We have a mini dirt hill in the back, it was our neighbors dirt, but when he moved he didn't take it with him. We pretty much let the weeds take it over, so I weeded that while John tackled a blackberry bush, he won finally. There were huge weeds on the hill that had tons of pokeys, got one stuck right in the tip of my finger, and didn't get it out till last night before bed, hurt like hey!!! So, cleaned up the backyard and the house, went to Costco to get all the goodies. The kids even earned a dolloar each, Dominic helped me in the store, pushing the cart, and Adriana gives such great hugs, she earned a dollar just for that...hee, hee. Needless to say, I was beat Saturday night, but it didn't stop me from watching 21, but I only really watched it so I could look at Jim Sturgess.

Sunday morning it was time to finish getting the place ready, and Jess and I frantically moved tables and chairs. It went really well, and I'm so glad that most of the family was there. It's so great getting everyone together. The baby of course didn't know much about what was going on, but she sure liked her frosting. Thanks soooo much everyone for coming! Oh, and thank you Shanny for your wonderful table cleaning skills!I loaded all the pics on myspace, but below are a few of my favorites:





Korissa lookin pretty darn cute!!!


















Awwww




I love this pic, it's sooooo sweet!



Dominic being goofy!



What is she gonna do with that frosting?



Yummy





Ethan sitting cute


Takin each other's pic of taking each other's pic

2 comments:

Jessica Gray said...

This was a busy weekend. My Goodness. Anyways I had fun and it was funner cause we got to see the kids. Even though there crazy and they are getting older and doing weird things I love them so much. Anyways yeah it is crazy that we NEVER run out of things to say. And if there is ever silence. (Which hardly ever any) Cause we are taking a breather.. LOL. But thanks SOOOOOO much for coming with me, I really needed someone there. Also Thankx for letting me have the par-tay at your place. I had fun. LOL. I think. i was pretty stressed. I loved haveing the whole family together. Anyways I LOVE YOU and ALL the pictures ARE SUPER' D DUPER (uh that is something that Barney the purple dino says .... eww) <3

Marsha said...

Looks like you all had a wonderful time at the party! The kids are soo cute. I love to do the kids birthday parties. Breanne's 17th is this weekend and I have been forbidden to have a party. So just a small luncheon for family only. She does want it to be a Dinosaur theme (she is still a big kid) so I will have fun with that.