Tuesday, April 19, 2011

I'm so lucky!




This past week has been so good. It's so nice being back in Salem and mending realationships with my family. It's really strange to me, but in a good way. The last 9 months have been a whirlwind. I was living in a completely different world, a world I would NEVER want to be in again. And I ask myself at times "who was that person?", and it was me. Scarey in a way! It's amazing how when you go through things, you look at the world differently. I will never take my life, my family, or love for granted again. I look back now, and can't honestly say what the heck I was thinking.



I'm so glad for this blog. The other day, I went back and reread all my posts, and thought "I had a really good life." It's funny in a way, I didn't do one post in the last 9 months, and I'm glad for that, because this blog will only be filled with memories of the people that matter, the people that truly love and care about me, the people that I love so deeply. At times it literally feels like I'm dying inside when I think of what I did to them. I'm so lucky that they are so forgiving.



I can't believe that John and I have this chance to be together again either, it's still very weird to me. Both of us never thought it would ever happen. It's crazy how you search and search for something, but what you are searching for has been there the whole time. A lot of healing needs to happen, but that will only come with time. I'm so very lucky!




I may not be a christian, but I still refer to scripture. This verse has taken on new meaning for me now..............

Love is patient and kind;

love does not envy or boast;

it is not arrogant or rude.

It does not insist on its own way;

it is not irritable or resentful;

it does not rejoice at wrongdoing,

but rejoices with the truth.

Love bears all things,

believes all things,

hopes all things,

endures all things.

Love never ends.

No comments: