Thursday, December 3, 2009

Spider Adventures in the bathroom

I was taking my shower the other night, and saw a daddy long leg on the ceiling near the shower. Well, I'm taking my shower, trying to keep and eye on it (remember that I can't see a thing without my glasses), so it makes it rather hard when I'm just looking at a blurry blob on the ceiling. So, I'm washing my hair while watching the spider (ok, you smarties, this isn't the time to debate wether or not a daddy long leg is a spider or not, I'm gonna call it one, so shush up), it starts moving towards the fan, I'm thinking, um, is it gonna get sucked in there, or freak out and run over here, get in the stream of water while I'm rinsing my hair and I will have this spider in my hair, all squooshed cause its wet and stuff? I turn off the fan quickly, cause I don't want squishy stuff and a bunch of legs in my hair, and notice now the long leg has decided to start coming down from the ceiling, I'm rinsing away, and gotta close my eyes for a few seconds, then I open them up, and what the heck, long legs is GONE. Great! I'm not having a relaxing shower!
I also know eventually I will have to get out and look for this spider. Will it be on my clothes? Will it make me jump because it surprises me somewhere? I am freaking out too, cause I know I gotta get my glasses on to even see where it went. I turn off the water grab my towel, shake it, just in case. I open the door grab my glasses so I can freakin see....and then....they steam up, now I can't even see a blob, I can't see anything at all. So I gotta open up the door to clear them up, and then just like that, it's all over, no more anxiety, cause I spot long legs over by the heater vent. I can't pass up the opportunity to take a few pictures. I didn't get very many good ones, cause even though I'm not super afraid of spiders anymore thanks to catch and release practice, I'm still a bit "shy" around them, and I shake a bit uncontrollably in their presence. I did talk reassuringly to him though, saying "oh man, oh man, I'm not gonna get too close" or "oh geez, you are really creepy". Now saying to a spider you are really creepy isn't a put down. It probably makes them feel better about themselves, cause I think they are suppose to be creepy right?

The clearest picture of long legs.....

2 comments:

Jessica Gray said...

O dear that is a gross spider! Ugh...I would have gotten scarred lol...

Anonymous said...

ur really nice because I would've squashed that thing! lol ur story reminded me of arachnophobia when the girls taking a shower & the spider comes out of the shower head...gives me chills just thinking about it!