Sunday, May 17, 2009

Sunny Sunday

The sun has arrived in Oregon, and as usual the heat doesn't slowly rise, it slams you. Its in the 80's today, but I think on Tuesday it's suppose to be back in the 60's. John, me and The Babe enjoyed the sunshine out back today. John and I cleaned up along the side of the house, we hadn't trimmed the bushes since the freeze this year, and the ice did some damage. It looks really good now. We did fill up 4 yard carts though, and I couldn't weed the dirt pile today. Hopefully the weeds won't be too tall by next wknd, because there are some stickery ones in the mix.
Korissa had fun in her pool. She wore her new flamingo bathing suit too. After some pool time, we went to the store and we each got a popsicle. When Jess picked the Babe up, she was pretty dirty. It's funny, because when she was playing in her pool, she kept getting some dirt in her hands and would bring it back to the pool. John is like "that's going to make a big mess". I'm like "that's the whole fun of it". Remember having mud fights as a child? I loved it. I promise Jess, I will clean her up first after a mud fight though.
Heather called this evening, and she is going to be emailing me her address. She will be in Georgia until July now, so she will be able to receive mail there.
Looks like the rest of the evening is going to be some gaming and reading. Looking forward to lunch with Jessica tomorrow at Golden Tent....yum!

I think this squirrel was thinking the dog might be coming outside (Noah thinks he is a mighty squirrel hunter or something), it looks frozen....

The Babe enjoying some juice and some of grandpas chips....

What a smiley Babe....
The water got on her belly....brrr.....
John trimming...in the back you can see the weeds on the dirt pile.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My Korissa sure loves the water...She looks cute in her new little bathing suit though! The squirrel looks frozen like my cat when she lays in the window. LOL...Cute pic.

Jess

Jennifer Evans said...

Love the pictures of your day... I left my camera at a friends house and got no pictures this weekend! Ahhh! :( Oh well, the sun was sure nice after getting rain all week.

Jay Andrew said...

It's OK for some - sunshine (we have rain) - and you get to trim your bush LOL.
Seriously, glad you had a loverly day by the looks of it.