Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Heather leaves, and Jess too....sort of

Wow, a lot has happened in the last few days. Saturday we went up to Portland for Heathers mobilization ceremony. It was about an hour long, the Gov was there, the Portland Mayor and some senators. Hannah kept texting Heather to see if we would get to say goodbye afterwards, but H said she didn't think so. After the ceremony, they were rushed to their buses to head to the airport. All the families went over that way, and some were able to say goodbye, because they weren't on the bus yet. H was already on her bus and said they wouldn't let them off. We waited, and waited, hoping to be able to see her again, and getting mad because we could see all these other families saying goodbye and we couldn't. Then we see her running towards us. Tears, tears and more tears. I can't even express how in that moment hugging her how I felt. I love her so much! We all said our goodbyes, and she was off again. She was sick when she got to Georgia, but is starting to feel better now. She said they have only been getting about 4-5 hours of sleep because of the training. I really miss her a bunch right now.
Yesterday was a strange office day. I helped Jess move some of her things to her house. She's going to only be doing a few hours work for us, so she can spend time with her Babe. I am so excited for her, but will miss my office partner in crime. I told her I still have to have Babe day though, so I will have her on Sundays and when they get the kids, I'll watch her while they go to Washington to pick them up. Makes for a long trip for a little one.
I did buy a car seat for our car this wknd though, because Jessicas is a pain to get in and out of my car (honda prelude, not super kid friendly, but it's real pretty). Now I can go places with the Babe. The first trip we took was to Toys R Us. I love being a Gram!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's sad knowing Heather's not going to be home for awhile but time will fly and before you know she'll be back...causing trouble lol I've already bought the new book and am almost finished w/it...I'm such a nerd! I still need to give you yours back! I wonder if Hollywood video is going to rent the dvds first...I'd like to see if I'll even like em ya know? Shows/movies are never as good as the books. I guess we'll see!?

Jay Andrew said...

*hugs* to you all and Heather too - at least she's only in Georgia and not in Germany or Afghanistan. She'll be fine. It's funny that they tried to rush them away after - at my brother's "pass off" (his passing out parade) he was allowed to see us then was on leave.
Sorry you are losing Jess at work too.