Monday, October 3, 2011

Yellow Ribbon and Family Time

Yesterday morning we went to the yellow ribbon ceremony for the 1186 MP's. Last time Heather went to Iraq, we didn't really get much of a chance for goodbyes after the ceremony, but at this one, they got to leave afterwards for a few hours. I didn't want a big teary goodbye in front of everyone, even though it's family, to me, there were things I needed to tell both Jackie and Heather, that were a bit more intimate, so I was very glad for that. After the ceremony, we went to Elmer's with the family for breakfast. After breakfast, me, H and Jackie went to the mall so H could return a case to the Mac store. They were still in uniform, and got many thanks, and free Starbucks. When we got home, Jackie had to watch the new XMen movie...ha, ha, while Heather worked on downloading tunes. At least Jess got off work in time to be able to see her sister. John and I drove them back, and had many hugs and tears. It was heartbreaking.











No comments: